CHANGES TO ELITE CONTRACTOR PROGRAM
The Elite Contractor program distinguishes installers who have attained a premier level of training and provide exceptional service and support to their customers. Becoming an Elite installer provides access to Fujitsu’s sales support tools and a wide variety of other benefits.
Fujitsu recently made changes to its Elite Contractor Program, which include:
- Minimum Points Requirements for Elite Status.
Training Points – 20* (was previously 18)
Registration Points – 20
Total Minimum Points Required 40 (was previously 50)
- Contractors that earn Elite status will remain Elite for 12 months from the time they originally earn the status.
For example, if a contractor earns Elite status on October 28, 2016 he will remain Elite until October 28, 2017. However, if after 12 months this contractor has not met the minimum points requirements he will lose his Elite status until the points requirements are met.
*Note: If you already reached Elite status and have 18 or 19 training points you will remain Elite. However, on your 12 month anniversary of earning Elite you must have at least 20 training points in order for status to be maintained.
WHY BECOME ELITE?
- Consumer Leads
- Loyalty Rewards Program
- Tech support VIP treatment – calls get bumped to the front of the line
- Priority ranking on the fujitsugeneral.com Contractor Locator
- Fujitsu Elite Contractor Welcome Kit
- Free in-person training for 1 employee per year
- Regional contractor meetings
- Extra two years parts and compressor warranty for select Fujitsu Halcyon product